What is Pilates?
What is the Pilates method?
Pilates is a full body training for strength and flexibility that improves posture, reduces stress and creates long lean muscles. Pilates works on several muscle groups simultaneously through smooth continuous motion, with particular concentration on stabilization and strengthening of the core - the abdomen, the back and the pelvic girdle region, also called the "powerhouse". Pilates exercises can be performed on the mat, with props like Magic Circle, balls, weights, foam roller, thera-band or on specialized equipment - called apparatus - such as Reformer, Cadillac, Wunda Chair or Barrels.
Benefits of Pilates:
- Pilates will improves the breathing ability and enhances circulation
- Pilates positively influences posture & physical appearance
- Pilates strengthens and stabilizes the body
- Pilates improves flexibility, agility and stamina
- Pilates brings relief from back pain and joint stress
- The body will be shaped and long, lean muscles will be defined
- Pilates encourages the mind and enhances body awareness
- Pilates reduces stress, relieves tensions and boosts energy